the club and spa at Cadbury House...The Latest Health & Fitness advice, tips and information

Wednesday 3 February 2010

The 4-week Report

Well week 4 is up and I am feeling great!!!! I altered my diet for the first 3 weeks without any training and then over the past week have begun to train along with healthy eating. I must admit, getting back into training has been hard, I am aching from head to toe but it’s that satisfying ache; one where you know it is making a difference. I am almost back to where I started with my weights although my fitness levels are taking a while to return to normal.

The biggest difference is in my body, mood and energy levels. I have followed the same eating plan for the whole 4 weeks, whilst allowing myself a few treats on Saturday and Sunday. It has been incredibly easy to follow and am now finding it hard to believe that healthy eating is usually such an arduous task! My eating plan is as follows;

Breakfast

Either 3 poached eggs + 1 slice of organic brown toast
Or
Fruit smoothie

Snack

3 oranges and apple/nuts

Lunch

Chicken salad/tuna salad/ham salad/ chicken and cous cous etc

Snack

Fruit and yoghurt

Dinner

Chicken skewers + salad/steamed fish + veg/soup + sweet potato jacket with humus

Training diary

Monday

Weights and swimming + football

Tuesday

Weights + intervals running

Wednesday

Running club + weights + swim

Thursday

Weights + football

Friday

Stretch and swim

Saturday

Football match 90 mins

Sunday

Mountain biking 3 hours

I realize this may seem excessive, but I have managed to incorporate the football and mountain biking into my weekly routine. The trick is to make exercise as much a part of your life as anything else. For example, instead of watching TV on Saturday mornings, why not go for a run instead? Not only will it mentally prepare you for the day ahead, but will kick start your metabolism, thus cancelling out the curry the night before!

Saying this, the challenge is not an easy one. It’s going to be tough, but it’s only 6 weeks out of your life and will make all the difference when you slip into that bikini, wedding dress or football kit…. When I started out it seemed like a decade away, but now 4 weeks have flown by and I feel great and cannot wait to complete the full 6 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment